Car Accident Attorneys in Cincinnati
Have you been injured in a Cincinnati car accident? Need an attorney? Call The Green Law Firm today!.
Every day, approximately 300 people are injured in auto accidents throughout the state of Ohio. Although many accidents result in minor injuries like scrapes and abrasions, a lot of people are seriously injured and are forced into local hospitals with broken bones, spinal cord injuries, and other life-altering injuries that require immediate medical attention. Many victims are required to undergo surgery and spend months in therapy for their injuries.
Although there are various treatment options available for people who are injured in auto accidents, these treatments all come at a steep cost. To make matters even worse, some victims never fully recover from their injuries. Instead, they are left to deal with life-long impairments, oftentimes, as a result of a negligent or reckless driver. If you have been injured in a car accident that occurred because of another motorist’s actions, it is crucial that you contact a car accident attorney in Cincinnati as soon as possible.
The Cincinnati personal injury attorneys at The Green Law Firm have over four and a half decades of experience helping injured victims get the justice and compensation they deserve after being harmed in a serious car accident that was caused by a negligent driver. Our attorneys investigate claims, gather evidence, and perform various other crucial tasks to ensure that our clients are protected. We aggressively negotiate full and fair settlements on behalf of our clients and provide them with trusted and effective legal representation in court to ensure they obtain the outcome they expect. Contact our Ohio personal injury law firm in Cincinnati, as soon as possible to see how our team can help you.
Most Common Types of Car Accidents in Cincinnati
Motor vehicle accidents can happen for a variety of reasons. The point of impact is usually referenced in determining the type of car accident a person was involved in. The type of car accident a victim is in can have a determining effect on the type and severity of injuries. Some of the most common types of car accidents we see in Ohio include, but are not limited to:
- Head-On Collisions: These collisions occur when the front ends of two vehicles collide. The front-to-front crash is one of the most dangerous types of auto accidents a person can be in, accounting for the vast majority of fatal collisions across the United States.
- Rear-End Accidents: This type of accident occurs when the front-end of one vehicle collides with the back-end of a second vehicle. These accidents are common in situations where drivers are following too closely and situations where drivers become distracted. Each year, more than 1.7 million rear-end collisions occur across the United States each year.
- T-Bone Collisions: This type of collision occurs most commonly at intersections. T-bone collisions occur when the front end of one vehicle collides with the side of a second vehicle. The side-impact collision is commonly referred to as the T-bone collision due to the “T” shape the two vehicles make at the time of the crash. T-bone collisions can be extremely dangerous, particularly for the occupants of the vehicle sitting on the side of the impact.
- Sideswipe Accidents: This type of accident occurs when two vehicles traveling parallel to each other collided in a side-to-side manner. These collisions are commonly caused by drivers who fail to maintain their own lane. When drivers drift into other lanes or swerve over, they can cause sideswipe accidents. Unfortunately, many sideswipe accidents end in rollovers as one or both vehicles involved attempt to jerk out of the way.
- Chain Reaction Collisions: Chain reaction collisions occur when three or more vehicles collide along the road. When drivers follow too closely, they are unable to stop their vehicles in time to respond to others on the road. When two-vehicle collisions occur, distracted drivers can crash into them, or one of the vehicles involved in a two-vehicle collision can bounce off and strike another vehicle on the road. Many chain reaction collisions are caused by inclement weather, especially here in Cincinnati, where we are impacted by all four seasons.
- Single Vehicle Accidents: Many accidents involve only one vehicle. Whether a vehicle crashes into a fixed object, an animal, or a person, or the driver loses control and rolls over, the occupants of the vehicle can suffer debilitating injuries. Single-vehicle accidents account for roughly 50% of all traffic fatalities across the United States.
When victims are injured in accidents, due to the negligent actions of others, it is imperative that they reach out to a knowledgeable car accident attorney in Cincinnati, Ohio, as soon as possible.
Most Common Causes of Car Accidents in Cincinnati
There are numerous reasons why motor vehicle collisions occur in Ohio. The majority of accidents are caused by human error. Some of the leading factors in motor vehicle accidents include:
- Speeding: Driving above the posted speed limit can have a negative impact on a driver being able to control their vehicles. When drivers speed, they are less likely to stop for foreign objects or other vehicles on the road. Speeding drivers are more likely to pass through red lights and stop signs, and these drivers are likely to roll over while traveling along curved and winding roadways. Accidents involving speeding drivers are more likely to result in catastrophic injuries due to the force of the impact of collisions.
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving is a common factor in some of the most debilitating collisions across Ohio. Drivers who are eating, chatting, using their cellphones, or engaging in other distracting activities while operating their vehicles are less likely to realize hazards and other cars on the road.
- Impaired Driving: More than 26,000 arrests are made each year in Ohio related to drunk and impaired driving. Regardless of the laws in place to prevent drivers from entering roadways while drunk or high, hundreds of people lose their lives in drunk driving accidents while thousands more are left injured. Driving impaired jeopardizes a person’s ability to control their vehicle and react to hazards in the road.
- Driving While Fatigued: Drowsy driving can impact a driver’s ability to remain alert and in control of their vehicle. In some ways, drowsy driving affects a driver’s ability in ways similar to driving impaired. A driver taking their attention off the road for even a few seconds can cause a devastating collision.
- Unfamiliar Roadways: Being unfamiliar with roadways can test drivers on their ability to remain alert to their surroundings. Drivers who are lost may miss turns or traffic signs, causing them to slam on the brakes, change lanes recklessly, or even travel the wrong-way down highways.
- Defective Auto Parts: There are many instances where victims are injured in accidents due to defective auto parts. Jammed accelerators, faulty wiring, and other malfunctioning parts can make it impossible for drivers to maintain control over their vehicles. When car accidents are caused by defective products, the manufacturers can be held liable for resulting injuries and damages.
- Inadequate Maintenance: Drivers should regularly inspect and change their brakes and make sure all the fluid levels are adequate. Not properly maintaining a vehicle can result in parts malfunctioning. Worn tires, inadequate brakes, and other failed systems caused by negligent maintenance practices can cause life-changing collisions.
When victims are harmed in collisions that are caused by the negligent actions of others, it is crucial that they reach out to a Cincinnati car accident attorney in Ohio as soon as possible for help and guidance.
Commonly Reported Injuries Resulting from Car Accidents in Ohio
Although many accidents result in minor bruises and abrasions, some accidents have a life-altering impact on victims. The type and severity of injuries victims sustain from collisions depend upon various factors. Some injuries are far more devastating than others. Some of the most common injuries our law firm in Cincinnati, Ohio, help our clients recover compensation for include, but are not limited to:
- Burns: Caustic chemicals, hot metals, and vehicles catching on fire after collisions can result in painful burn injuries. The chances of suffering debilitating burns are drastically increased when vehicle occupants become entrapped.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Whiplash is an injury that many people view as minor. However, these and other soft tissue injuries can become overwhelmingly painful and create severe limitations of movement in victims.
- Amputations: In severe accidents, victims may lose arms or legs. Although amputations can happen in car accidents, they are more common in collisions involving pedestrians, motorcycles, and semi-trucks.
- Broken Bones: Many victims suffer broken bones in auto accidents. Broken arms, wrists, hands, legs, and feet are all relatively common in accidents. Accidents involving rollovers and speeding are likely to result in broken bones for victims.
- Brain Injuries: Motor vehicle accidents are one of the leading causes of brain injuries in the United States. The sudden jerking and blows to the head can result in permanent brain damages and even death.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Spinal cord injuries are one of the most debilitating types of injuries victims can sustain from auto accidents. These injuries often come with the most severe consequences and leave victims with excruciating pain and suffering. Many victims who suffer spinal cord injuries become either temporarily or permanently paralyzed. These injuries often require extensive medical treatment and therapy and drastically lessen the quality of life for victims.
Suffering any of these injuries in a car accident can result in the need for extensive medical treatment, surgery, and therapy. In some cases, victims are forced out of work indefinitely. Although there are numerous treatment options for victims of car accidents, all treatments come at a substantial cost. For this reason, it is crucial to contact a car accident attorney as soon as possible to get the compensation you deserve for the medical treatment you need to recover.
Maximize Your Recovery and Move Forward
Our Cincinnati car accident attorneys at The Green Law Firm understand the difficulties our clients face moving forward from devastating car accidents. Stress and uncertainty are all-too-common. Not only are many of our clients forced out of work to recover from their injuries, but they are often left with tens-of-thousands of dollars in bills for medical treatment they need for their surgery. We firmly believe that our clients should never be forced to spend extraordinary amounts of money for medical treatment and other financial burdens they face as a result of another person’s actions. For this reason, our car accident attorneys in Cincinnati, fight diligently to ensure our clients are able to collect the maximum amount of compensation available for their legal claims. Some of the damages our attorneys at The Green Law Firm help our clients obtain compensation for include:
- Medical bills
- Long-term medical care and therapy costs
- Lost Income
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of enjoyment of life
When victims pass away due to their injuries, our knowledgeable wrongful death attorneys in Cincinnati, help their families obtain the maximum amount of compensation available for funeral services and other damages by pursuing wrongful death claims on behalf of victims. Our accident attorneys work diligently to help our clients, and their families protect their legal rights, so they are in the best position imaginable to move forward after a life-changing accident. Contact The Green Law Firm today to explore legal options available for you.
Get Justice for Your Car Accident with The Green Law Firm
With over 45-years of experience, Attorney F. Harrison Green and The Green Law Firm have continually provided trusted and effective legal representation to victims in Cincinnati and throughout Hamilton County after being harmed in collisions. Our car accident attorneys are dedicated to educating our clients about their legal rights after being injured in accidents caused by reckless and negligent drivers.
Our strength in negotiation both inside and outside of the courtroom enables our team to help our clients prevail and recover the maximum amount of compensation available to them after life-altering collisions. If you were injured in a car accident, due to the reckless or negligent actions of another motorist, contact our car accident attorneys in Cincinnati, Ohio, at (513) 769-0840 as soon as possible to explore legal options available for you. Schedule a free no-obligation case evaluation at your earliest convenience to see how our team can help you.