Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Cincinnati
Have you been injured in a motorcycle accident? Call the Cincinnati motorcycle lawyers at The Green Law Firm for help!
Every year crashes involving motorcycles lead to more than 11,400 injuries in Ohio. Accidents involving motorcycles are more likely to result in catastrophic injuries for those affected due to the fact that most riders use minimal protection while riding their bikes on the road. Many injured motorcyclists require emergency surgery and extensive hospital stays to recover from their injuries. There are numerous motorcyclists who are left with permanent disabilities from their accidents and have to endure years of therapy on their road to recovery. Then, there are victims who do not survive their injuries and die as a result of their motorcycle crash.
When a victim is injured in a motorcycle accident that occurred because of the negligent actions of another motorist, it is imperative that they reach out to a motorcycle accident attorney in Cincinnati as soon as possible. They may be entitled to compensation to help alleviate the financial burdens they face in the aftermath of their accident and assist with their continued therapy and expenses related to their injuries.
Our team of skilled personal injury lawyers at The Green Law Firm has been practicing personal injury law in Ohio since 1972. With more than 48 years of experience helping victims who have been injured in accidents caused by negligent drivers protect their rights and get the best possible outcome for their claim. Our legal team is well-versed in all personal injury laws in Ohio, which enables us to provide effective legal representation to those in need. If you were injured in a serious motorcycle accident, due to the actions of another motorist, contact our Cincinnati personal injury attorneys as soon as possible to see how we can help you.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Cincinnati
Motorcycle accidents can happen at any time for a variety of reasons. Many believe that motorcyclists are the cause of the majority of collisions that they are involved in. This is not true. In fact, inattentiveness by automobile drivers is the leading cause of most motorcycle accidents. Knowing what to look out for is imperative in preventing these accidents from happening. Some of the leading causes of motorcycle accidents in our state include:
- Poor Road Conditions: Rain, snow, ice, and debris can be hazardous for motorcyclists. The fact that these vehicles rely on two wheels means they are more likely to feel the impact of slick and damaged surfaces they travel on.
- Door Accidents: When drivers open their doors out into the road without checking for oncoming traffic, they can impede the path of a motorcyclist. This can lead to a debilitating accident and cause riders to be ejected and injured.
- Overcompensating Front Brakes: When motorcyclists brake suddenly, the momentum can cause their vehicles to lift up, throwing riders over the handlebars. Many front brake accidents occur when drivers cut into motorcyclists’ lanes without looking or brake suddenly in front of them.
- Lane Splitting: Driving down the centerline or between two slowed or stopped vehicles can have disastrous results for
- Drunk Drivers: Drivers who are impaired are less likely to respond to motorcycles they share the road with. In many instances, drivers may not see these vehicles and cause life-altering accidents.
- Failing to Check Blind Spots: When drivers change lanes too quickly and fail to check their blind spots, they can cause disastrous collisions.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, due to the negligent actions of another driver, contact our Cincinnati personal injury attorneys at The Green Law Firm as soon as possible to explore all of the legal options available to you.
Common Injuries from Motorcycle Accidents in Cincinnati
Motorcycle accidents often result in catastrophic and life-altering injuries. In many cases, victims suffer injuries that require surgery, therapy, and extended time off work to adequately recover. Some victims never fully recover from their injuries and are left to deal with overwhelming pain and suffering indefinitely. Some of the most common injuries resulting from motorcycle accidents include:
- Road Rash: When a motorcyclist’s body hits the ground at a high speed, the pavement, gravel, or dirt surface can act like sandpaper against the skin. This can lead to painful cuts and abrasions that are referred to as road rash.
- Broken Bones: Colliding with objects, vehicles, and being ejected onto the road can lead to numerous fractures and broken bones. Many riders require surgery and extensive therapy to properly recover from these injuries.
- Neck Injuries: Whiplash and other soft tissue injuries to the neck can result in significant pain and suffering. In some instances, victims are drastically limited in their abilities to perform various tasks. Although these injuries may not seem severe, initially, the delayed onset of pain and suffering can cause overwhelming challenges for victims.
- Amputations: When severe injuries compromise the arms and legs of riders, they may need an extremity removed. A substantial number of personal injury claims are filed by victims who suffer amputations from their accidents.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Depending on the location and severity of the injury, motorcyclists can be left temporarily or permanently paralyzed from their injuries. Many riders lose the ability to use their legs and arms due to catastrophic spinal cord injuries.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Many motorcycle accident victims suffer from brain injuries in accidents, especially when they are ejected from their vehicles and strike hard objects. Not wearing a helmet can drastically increase the chances of victims suffering life-altering brain injuries in collisions.
- Death: Although riders of motorcycles make up less than 1% of motorists on roadways, they account for around 15% of all victims killed in auto accidents throughout the United States. The fact that riders maintain minimal protection means they are more likely to suffer fatal injuries in collisions. This is especially true in cases where motorcycles collide with commercial vehicles and in accidents where riders are ejected.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, or your loved one lost their life, as a result of another driver’s reckless or negligent actions, contact our motorcycle accident attorneys in Cincinnati as soon as possible to explore legal options available for you.
The Long-Term Impacts of Motorcycle Accidents
People injured in motorcycle accidents often deal with a number of immediate consequences. Although time can heal some of the wounds victims sustain, not all injuries go away in time. In fact, numerous motorcyclists end up permanently disabled as a result of their accidents. Planning for the long-term impacts of a motorcycle accident requires victims to retain a reputable and aggressive Cincinnati personal injury attorney to protect their legal rights. Some of the most common long-term effects victims of motorcycle accidents experience include:
- Chronic pain and suffering from injuries.
- Diminished quality of life.
- Tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills for surgery and continual care.
- Loss of income due to taking time off work.
- Loss of earning capacity when victims are forced out of work indefinitely.
- Mental impairments caused by stress, depression, anxiety, and other similar factors.
- Financial costs related to repairing or replacing motorcycles.
Given the dramatic setbacks that a lot of motorcycle accident victims incur, the last thing they should have to worry about is defending their legal rights following a serious crash. For this reason, it is imperative that the injured victim reaches out to an aggressive Cincinnati motorcycle accident attorney at The Green Law Firm as soon as possible. Our team fights to protect the legal rights and best interests of victims so they can focus on recovering.
Maximize Your Recovery and Move Forward
The Cincinnati motorcycle accident attorneys at The Green Law Firm know how difficult it is for victims to move forward after motorcycle accidents. The overwhelming stress and uncertainty often lead to mental and emotional pain and suffering. Many victims of motorcycle accidents are forced to spend thousands of dollars on medical treatment for their injuries while being forced out of work in order to adequately recover.
Our team wholeheartedly believes that victims should never be forced to pay significant amounts of their own money for medical treatment and other financial damages they face in the aftermath of their accidents. For this reason, our motorcycle accident attorneys in Cincinnati work to help victims with collecting the maximum amount of compensation available for their claims. Some of the damages The Green Law Firm helps victims acquire compensation for include:
- Medical bills
- Long-term medical care and therapy costs
- Lost Income
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of enjoyment of life
When motorcycle accident victims pass away from their injuries, our wrongful death attorneys in Cincinnati help bereaved families collect the maximum amount of compensation available for burial arrangements, funeral services, and various other financial burdens they face. Our attorneys are dedicated to helping victims and their families protect their legal rights, so they are in the best position possible to move forward after a life-changing collision. Contact The Green Law Firm today to see what legal options are available to you.
Our Process to Help Victims Recover
The Green Law Firm follows the same three steps while representing victims to ensure their legal rights are protected and they receive the justice they deserve. Our process involves:
- Documentation: After retaining our legal services, we begin gathering records on behalf of a victim’s claim. Our team requests medical records, bills for medical treatment, and policy information for all parties involved in the collision. It is crucial to understand the economic damages suffered from the accident as well as what is recoverable.
- Investigating: After gathering evidence, our team begins investigating the accident. We will review any dashcam footage, security camera footage, and police records. We go to the scene of each accident to take pictures and record videos. In some cases, we retain the services of experts who can recreate the accident to show various important factors contributing to the collision.
- Getting Victims Compensation: Our team uses evidence and documents to negotiate full and fair settlements on behalf of victims. We keep victims included in the negotiation process, so we know what settlement offers work for them. If we are unable to come to a settlement agreement that satisfies our clients, we are prepared to defend the legal rights of victims in a trial setting. Our team provides representation to present a victim’s case in the most effective way possible to ensure they obtain the outcome they expect.
We take the needs of our clients seriously at The Green Law Firm. We fight aggressively to ensure they are able to collect the maximum amount of compensation available so they can cover the costs of the medical treatment they need and other financial burdens as they face. Our team stops at nothing to ensure victims get the justice they deserve. We handle claims on a contingency fee basis, so victims never have to pay a dime unless they prevail in their cases.
Get Justice for Your Motorcycle Accident with The Green Law Firm
For over four and a half decades, Attorney F. Harrison Green and the lawyers at The Green Law Firm have helped victims in Cincinnati, Hamilton County, and throughout Ohio get the justice and compensation they deserve after being injured in a serious motorcycle accident.
Our skilled motorcycle accident attorneys are dedicated to educating victims about their legal rights after being injured in crashes caused by the reckless and negligent actions of other motorists. Our capabilities in negotiation both inside and outside of the courtroom shine through in our proven record of helping victims prevail and recover the maximum amount of compensation available to them for their Cincinnati personal injury claim. If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, as a result of another driver’s reckless or negligent actions, contact our motorcycle accident attorneys in Cincinnatti at The Green Law Firm at (513) 769-0840 as soon as possible to explore legal options available for you. Schedule a free, no-obligation case evaluation at your earliest convenience to see how our team can help you.