Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Cincinnati, Ohio
Injured in a Cincinnati pedestrian accident recently? Call The Green Law Firm for help today!
Every year, more than 2,600 pedestrians are injured in motor vehicle accidents across Ohio. Here in Hamilton County, we see our fair share of life-altering accidents caused by reckless and negligent drivers. The fact that pedestrians do not have the protection of a vehicle meaning they are more vulnerable to suffering catastrophic injuries that have a long-lasting negative impact on their lives.
When people are injured in pedestrian accidents, they often require extensive medical treatment and immediate surgery. The majority of wounded pedestrians require some form of hospitalization and have to spend weeks or even months in recovery. Depending on the type and severity of injuries sustained, victims may have to spend months going through various types of therapy. Victims of pedestrian accidents are more likely to suffer injuries that result in permanent disabilities and impairments. When victims are injured in pedestrian accidents, due to the negligent actions of others, they should reach out to a pedestrian accident attorney in Cincinnati as soon as possible to get the justice they deserve.
Our Cincinnati personal injury attorneys at The Green Law Firm wholeheartedly believe that victims deserve to collect full and fair compensation for their legal claims. Our team has extensive knowledge of personal injury laws in our state, which allows our team to provide aggressive and trusted legal representation to those in need. We strive to ensure pedestrian accident victims are able to focus on their medical needs, both physical and mental, while we focus on their legal needs in order to move forward from their accidents. Contact our pedestrian accident attorneys in Cincinnati, Ohio, as soon as possible to explore legal options available for you.
Proving Negligence for Your Pedestrian Accident Claim in Ohio
Victims harmed in Cincinnati pedestrian accidents are able to file legal claims against all of those who caused them harm. To prevail in your personal injury claim, victims must be able to prove that the defendant acted negligently or intentionally. Proving negligence requires the accident victims to show that the elements of negligence existed during their accident. These elements include proving the following:
- The at-fault motorist owed the pedestrian a duty of care
- The motorist breached the duty of care either by not paying attention,
- driving recklessly, or disregarding traffic laws
- The pedestrian suffered injuries as a result of the breach of the duty of care
- The pedestrian incurred damages as a result of the accident
Drivers and pedestrians alike are required to exercise a reasonable duty of care while sharing roadways in Ohio. However, motorists are often held to a much higher standard, given the fact that they are expected to react quickly to avoid accidents. This is especially true while traveling around small children and the elderly.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Cincinnati
Pedestrian accidents can happen at any time and in any location. Since 2013, our state has witnessed a steady increase in the number of pedestrian accidents along Ohio roads. Though thousands of victims are left with injuries, more than 150 people lose their lives in these preventable accidents each year. In order to safeguard yourself against pedestrian accidents, it is crucial to recognize some of the most common causes of these accidents. These include, but are not limited to:
- Speeding: There is a strong relationship between the speed a vehicle is traveling, and the severity of injuries pedestrians suffer in collisions. When drivers are traveling at high rates of speed, they are likely to be unable to stop before causing collisions with pedestrians. Furthermore, vehicles traveling at high rates of speed can cause catastrophic and life-threatening injuries to victims in these collisions.
- Failure to Yield: In Ohio, drivers are required to yield the right of way to pedestrians in various situations. It is crucial that drivers remain alert while backing out of driveways, alleys, or private roads, and when passing through designated crossing areas. When drivers fail to yield the right of way to pedestrians, they can cause life-changing accidents.
- Distractions: There are numerous cases where drivers become preoccupied with their cellphones, eating, changing the radio, or talking with others. When drivers engage in distracting behaviors, they are likely to drift off the side of the road and strike pedestrians in crosswalks.
- Alcohol: Alcohol is one of the leading causes of pedestrian accidents across our state. Drivers who are impaired are less likely to see or respond to pedestrians walking along the side of roadways.
- Silent Vehicles: As our country pushes further toward electric vehicles, we are seeing a nationwide increase in the number of pedestrian accidents involving these vehicles. Pedestrians are unlikely to hear these vehicles coming up behind them or traveling next to them so they are unable to avoid the vehicle if it is driving towards them.
- Lack of Visibility: The majority of pedestrian accidents occur in the dark. Pedestrians are much more difficult to see at night time, particularly in cases where pedestrians are wearing dark clothing. When roadways are poorly lit, it can create a hazardous situation for pedestrians.
- Left-Hand Turns: Drivers who make left turns without looking are more likely to cause pedestrian accidents. These drivers often change their attention toward navigating the intersection rather than noticing pedestrians who are legally crossing the road at intersections.
- Backing-Up Accidents: When people are backing out of driveways or parking spots, they are likely to miss pedestrians walking through. This is a common cause for collisions involving small children because they are unable to be seen behind the vehicle.
If you were recently injured in a pedestrian accident that occurred as a result of another person’s actions, it is crucial that you reach out to a reputable personal injury attorney in Cincinnati as soon as possible. You may be entitled to compensation to help alleviate the financial burdens you face. Call the skilled pedestrian accident lawyers Cincinnati today to discuss your accident and find out if you have the right to pursue a claim for your injuries and losses.
Legal Help for Pedestrian Accident Victims in Ohio
Being injured in a pedestrian accident can have a detrimental impact on a victim’s life. In fact, thousands of victims involved in these accidents are left with permanent impairments and overwhelming pain and suffering that continues indefinitely. Although numerous laws are enacted every year to protect and safeguard pedestrians along Ohio roadways, we continue to see the severity and frequency of these accidents continue to increase. When victims are harmed in pedestrian accidents, they often require extensive medical treatment and have to spend months or even years in recovery.
It is imperative when pedestrians have been injured in collisions with vehicles, due to the reckless actions of other drivers, that they retain legal guidance from skilled and knowledgeable pedestrian accident attorneys. Working with our team at The Green Law Firm will ensure victims get the justice and compensation they deserve for their legal claims. Our aggressive and responsive attorneys provide effective legal representation to victims ensuring reckless drivers are held responsible for their actions. Our team will efficiently handle all of the legal work of the injured pedestrians and protect their legal rights so they can focus on recovering. Our pedestrian accident attorneys in Cincinnati, provide a variety of services to accident victims, including, but not limited to:
- Gathering Evidence for Victims: Our attorneys go out to the scene of each clients’ accident to gather evidence. We take pictures of where the accident occurred, record videos, and gather any available surveillance videos available from nearby homes and businesses to show how the accident occurred. In some cases, we hire experts who can recreate the scene of the accident to uncover critical and significant details surrounding a victim’s accident to prove the defendant is at fault and should be held accountable for their actions.
- Providing Documents and Information: In addition to gathering evidence from the site where the accident occurred, our attorneys will obtain copies of police reports, collect medical records and bills, as well as compiling other documents and information relevant to your claim. It is crucial to show the economic damages victims suffer as a result of their accidents. Having thorough records of costs and expenses ensures victims are able to maximize their recoveries. Furthermore, if there were any witnesses to the accident, our attorneys will gather testimony from them to provide insight as to the details of the accident.
- Handling Paperwork: It is imperative that victims file their legal claims within the state’s statute of limitations. Our pedestrian accident attorneys in Cincinnati work diligently to ensure all documents, evidence, and petitions are filed on time, so victims are able to protect their legal rights. We work diligently to ensure victims are in the best position possible to move forward from their accidents and recover the maximum compensation available.
- Keeping Clients Informed: It is our goal to establish open communication where the victims are fully aware of everything going on throughout the duration of their claims. For this reason, we will answer any questions the victims may have regarding their case and it’s progression. Furthermore, our attorneys furnish copies of all documents, evidence, and petitions to victims so they can keep the documents for their own records.
- Getting Victims the Money they Deserve: Our team will aggressively negotiate on behalf of victims to ensure they get the full and fair compensation they deserve for their claims. If we are unable to come to a settlement agreement, our attorneys are prepared to represent victims during a trial to ensure they obtain the outcome they deserve for their legal claims.
Our knowledgeable personal injury attorneys work diligently to help victims throughout Cincinnati to ensure they are able to prevail and get the justice they deserve. Contact our law firm at your earliest convenience to see how we can help you.
Maximizing Your Recovery and Move Forward from Your Accident
Our Cincinnati pedestrian accident attorneys at The Green Law Firm understand the challenges that victims face after being harmed in vehicle accidents. Not only are injured pedestrians forced to spend tens of thousands of dollars on medical treatment, but they are often forced out of work for an extended time in order to fully recover. No one should be forced to deal with overwhelming financial devastations due to the negligent actions of others. For this reason, our team is dedicated to helping those harmed maximize their recoveries so they can move forward from their accidents and get the medical treatment they need to recover. Some of the damages our attorneys at The Green Law Firm help victims collect compensation for include:
- Medical bills
- Long-term medical care and therapy costs
- Lost Income
- Lost earning capacity when victims are forced out of work permanently
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of enjoyment of life
When victims end up passing away from their injuries, our knowledgeable wrongful death attorneys in Cincinnati help their families obtain the maximum amount of compensation available for wrongful death claims. Our attorneys strive to help victims and their families protect their legal rights, so they are in the best position possible to move forward after pedestrian accidents. Contact our law firm today to explore legal options available for you.
Contact The Green Law Firm for Your Truck Accident Case
With over 45-year of experience, Attorney F. Harrison Green and The Green Law Firm have continued to advocate on behalf of accident victims in Cincinnati and throughout Hamilton County to ensure they are in the best position possible to move forward after being harmed in pedestrian accidents caused by reckless and negligent drivers.
Our law firm strives to help victims by educating them and helping them protect their legal rights and keeping their best interests a priority after being injured by others. Our strength in negotiating both inside and outside of the courtroom is evident in our history of helping victims collect the maximum amount of compensation available for their legal claims. If you were injured in a truck accident, due to the negligent or reckless actions of another party, contact our pedestrian accident attorneys in Cincinnati, Ohio, at (513) 769-0840 to explore legal options available for you. Our team will meet with you at your earliest convenience for a free no-obligation case evaluation to discuss legal options available for you.