Truck Accident Lawyers in Cincinnati, Ohio
Have you been injured in a Cincinnati truck accident? The Green Law Firm can help you.
Tens of thousands of people are injured in auto collisions in Ohio each year. Accidents involving semi-trucks are more likely to result in catastrophic injuries for the people involved. These vehicles are not only extremely large, but they often weigh up to 10-times more than most other vehicles that are sharing the roadways. Combining the size and weight of these vehicles with reckless drivers and speeding and you have a disaster waiting to happen.
When people are injured in a truck accident, they often require extensive medical treatment. The majority of truck accident victims require some form of hospitalization or surgery. Many victims have to go through months of therapy for their injuries. The unfortunate truth is that victims of truck accidents are more likely to be left with permanent disabilities that continue to impact their health and wellbeing indefinitely. When victims are harmed in truck accidents as a result of another person’s actions, they should reach out to a truck accident attorney in Cincinnati, Ohio, as soon as possible to protect their legal rights.
Our Cincinnati truck accident attorneys at The Green Law Firm firmly believe that injured truck accident victims deserve to have the best legal representation possible for their personal injury claim in order to receive the maximum amount of compensation available for their legal claims. Our team has extensive knowledge of the trucking laws in Ohio and across the United States, which enables us to provide aggressive and effective legal representation to accident victims. We fight to ensure truck accident victims are in the best position possible as they move forward and focus on their recovery. Contact our Cincinnati personal injury attorneys in Ohio at The Green Law Firm as soon as possible to see how our team can help you.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Cincinnati
Like all other motor vehicle accidents, there are numerous reasons why commercial vehicle accidents occur. Although truck drivers are generally considered to be above-average in their abilities to drive, they are human and make mistakes, errors, and act negligently, just like other motorists. These actions contribute to more than 50% of all truck accidents in the state.
Reports from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration listed the following factors in truck accidents:
- Brake Failures: Brake failures and mechanical defects account for roughly 29% of all truck accidents in the United States.
- Speeding: Driving too fast for existing conditions is a factor in around 23% of all collisions involving commercial vehicles annually.
- Not Knowing the Roads: Being unfamiliar with the roads traveled on is a factor in around 22% of all truck accidents each year.
- Problematic Roadways: Broken and damaged road surfaces are a factor in around 20% of all motor vehicle accidents involving semi-trucks.
- Over-the-Counter Drug Use: Around 17% of truck accidents include the use of over the counter medications.
- Inadequate Surveillance: Around 14% of auto accidents in the United States involve inadequate surveillance measures.
- Fatigue: Drowsiness and fatigue are factors in around 13% of all truck accidents in the United States each year.
Truck drivers that do not maintain control of their vehicles are more likely to cause serious, even catastrophic accidents that often result in fatal injuries. If you have been injured in a serious Cincinnati truck accident or have recently lost a loved one in a fatal truck accident in Ohio, contact The Green Law Firm as soon as possible to speak with a dedicated team of lawyers who have your best interest in mind at all times. We will fight for your rights to ensure that you have the best possible outcome in your personal injury claim. Our team is available at any time to answer your questions. Call us today to see how we can help you.
Liability for Truck Accidents in Cincinnati
A person who is injured in a semi-truck accident in Cincinnati will benefit greatly by reaching out to a reputable Ohio truck accident attorney as soon as possible to protect their legal rights. Accidents involving these massive commercial vehicles are often covered by larger insurance policies and often times include multiple insurance policies and parties that are involved in the personal injury claim. This enables the injured victim to collect full and fair compensation to alleviate the financial burdens they face from the injuries sustained in the crash.
Trends surrounding truck accidents show that liability often extends far beyond the drivers. When it comes to 18-wheeler accidents, there are various parties who can be held liable, either independently or jointly, in personal injury lawsuits. The circumstances of the accident will often influence who can be held responsible for resulting injuries and damages.
Some liable parties for truck accidents include, but are not limited to:
- Truck Drivers: The drivers of trucks often bear a large share of responsibility for accidents. These people operating the vehicles can be held liable for injuries and damages caused by their actions. When drivers are impaired, distracted, or engaging in reckless behaviors, they increase the risk of devastating accidents.
- The Trucking Company: There are many instances where trucking companies engage in negligent hiring practices. When companies hire drivers who are not adequately licensed or trained, fail to maintain their vehicles, fail to adhere to safety regulations or engage in other negligent actions, they can be held liable for accidents.
- The Owner of the Truck: There are many cases where neither truck drivers nor the companies own the vehicles. In these cases, truck owners can be held liable for injuries and damages when they let other people use their trucks. This is particularly true in instances where truck owners fail to verify that the people they allow to use their vehicles are licensed and trained to do so.
- Cargo Company: It is imperative that proper care and consideration are taken when trucks are loaded with cargo. Not adequately loading a vehicle, not securing the cargo, and overloading trailers are actions that can lead to tip-overs and life-changing accidents. When cargo companies engage in reckless practices, they can be held liable.
- Manufacturers: Defective brakes, jammed accelerators, and other malfunctioning parts on vehicles can lead to life-threatening collisions. When victims are harmed in truck accidents due to defective or malfunctioning components, manufacturers can be held accountable for the resulting damages and injuries.
There are many instances where multiple parties are deemed liable for semi-truck collisions. It is crucial to work with a Cincinnati, Ohio truck accident attorneys at The Green Law Firm have extensive experience helping victims get the justice and compensation they deserve for their accidents. Contact our law firm today to see how we can help you.
Legal Help for Cincinnati Truck Accident Victims
Being injured in a truck accident can have a devastating impact on a person’s life. Statistics show that every 16-minutes, a truck accident occurs somewhere in the United States that results in either injuries or death to at least one person involved. Trends show that truck accidents are happening more often and having increasingly worse impacts on the lives of those involved. When victims are harmed in truck accidents, they often require extensive medical treatment and have to spend weeks or even months off work. Truck accidents are more likely to leave victims permanently disabled than most other types of auto accidents.
When victims are harmed in accidents, due to the negligent actions of others, it is crucial that they seek legal guidance. Working with a knowledgeable truck accident lawyer in Cincinnati will ensure victims collect full and fair compensation for their legal claims. Our attorneys at The Green Law Firm provide aggressive legal representation to victims who are injured in truck accidents as a result of negligent drivers. Our team strives to take all the legal work off the hands of victims and protect their legal rights so they can focus on recovering. In doing so, our truck accident attorneys in Cincinnati, Ohio provide a plethora of services to victims, including, but not limited to:
- Gathering Evidence for Victims: Our personal injury attorneys in Cincinnati, Ohio, go out to the scene of an accident and gather evidence. Our team will take pictures, record videos, and collect and available surveillance videos from nearby homes and businesses that show how the accident occurred.
- Providing Documents and Information: In addition to gathering evidence from the scene of the accident, our team will get a copy of the police report, collect medical records and billing statements from hospitals and doctors, and obtain repair or replacement statements from auto shops. It is crucial to prove the degree of damages victims sustain from their accidents in order to maximize their recovery. If anyone witnessed the accident, we would gather testimony from these third-parties to provide unique insight as to how an accident occurred.
- Handling Paperwork: It is crucial that victims file their legal claims within the state’s statute of limitations. Our personal injury attorneys in Cincinnati, Ohio, work diligently to ensure all documents, evidence, and petitions are filed on time, so victims have the ability to protect their legal rights and get the justice they deserve. We work diligently to ensure those harmed are in the best position to move forward from their accidents.
- Keeping Clients Informed: We firmly believe that victims should know what is going on during every step of their case. For this reason, we maintain open and continual communication with victims throughout the entire claims process, provide copies of documents and evidence to victims, and remain open and available to answer questions victims may have.
- Getting Victims the Money they Deserve: Our team aggressively negotiates full and fair compensation on behalf of victims to ensure they are able to cover the financial burdens they face moving forward. If we are unable to come to a settlement agreement, our attorneys are prepared to represent victims in the trial to ensure they get the outcome they expect for their legal claims.
Our competent legal approach to representing victims throughout Cincinnati ensures those harmed are able to prevail and get the justice they deserve. Contact our law firm at your earliest convenience to see how we can help you.
Maximize Your Recovery and Move Forward
Our Cincinnati truck accident attorneys at The Green Law Firm understand the challenges that victims face as they move forward following a truck accident. The aftermath of a semi-truck accident can be a time of uncertainty and significant stress. Not only are victims often forced out of work for extended periods, but they are often left to bear the costs of medical treatment, surgery, and replacing or repairing their vehicles.
Victims should not have to worry about these expenses nor should they have to move forward from their accidents alone. For this reason, our team fights to help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation available to move forward from their accidents. Some of the damages our team at The Green Law Firm help victims collect compensation for include:
- Medical bills
- Long-term medical care and therapy costs
- Lost Income
- Lost earning capacity when victims are forced out of work permanently
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of enjoyment of life
When a victim succumbs to their injuries, our compassionate but aggressive wrongful death attorneys in Cincinnati, Ohio, help families obtain full and fair compensation for wrongful death claims for surviving relatives. Our team works diligently to protect the legal rights of victims and their families, so they are in the best position possible to move forward after a commercial vehicle accident. Contact our law firm today to discuss legal options available for you.
Contact The Green Law Firm for Your Truck Accident Case
With over four and a half decades of experience, Attorney F. Harrison Green and The Green Law Firm have continued to protect the legal rights of victims in Cincinnati and throughout Hamilton County after being harmed in collisions by reckless and negligent drivers. Our firm believes in helping victims by educating them and helping them protect their legal rights after being harmed by others.
At The Green Law Firm, our strength in negotiating inside and outside of the courtroom allows our team to help victims truly prevail and move forward in the best way imaginable. If you were injured in a truck accident, due to the negligent or reckless actions of another driver, contact our truck accident attorneys in Cincinnati, Ohio, at (513) 769-0840 to explore legal options available for you. Schedule a free no-obligation case evaluation at your earliest convenience to see how our team can help you.