WRONGFUL DEATH ATTORNEYS IN CINCINNATI, OHIO
Have you lost a loved one an accident that was caused by the reckless or negligent actions of another person? Contact our law firm today to explore legal options available for you.
There are few things more tragic than dealing with the unexpected loss of a loved one. Learning that your loved one lost their life as a result of another person’s negligence can make the situation even more challenging to accept. Although there is nothing that can bring back those taken away, there are some options available for families to help them after the loss of a loved one. Working with a wrongful death attorney in Cincinnati can help grieving families obtain the financial security they need in order to move forward in the aftermath of their tragic loss.
The Green Law Firm has decades of experience helping families protect their legal rights after losing loved ones. Our team provides aggressive representation while remaining compassionate to the needs of our clients. We understand the overwhelming challenges that victims face as they adjust to mental, emotional, and financial changes. For this reason, we help our clients protect their legal rights and best interests while moving forward to achieve their goals. Contact our wrongful death attorneys in Cincinnati to discuss legal options available for you.
What is a Wrongful Death Case?
In Ohio, a wrongful death claim is governed by Ohio Revised Statutes Section 2125. This section defines wrongful death as any death that is caused by the wrongful, negligent, or default action of another. A wrongful death claim can be filed if the wrongful, neglect, or default action would have entitled an injured party to file a claim toward a person for injuries and damages had they survived.
There are several parties who are able to file legal claims following the wrongful death of a decedent. These entitled parties include those who suffer losses due to the death. Generally, entitled parties under Ohio law include:
- The surviving spouse of the decedent.
- The surviving children, including adopted children, of the decedent.
- The surviving parents of the decedent.
In general, siblings, grandparents, and other family members are not presumed to have suffered losses. However, there are some circumstances where they may be able to demonstrate to the court that they suffered compensable losses that entitled them to pursue legal actions against those at fault. Entitled parties have up to two years from the date of the death to file a wrongful death claim against the at-fault party. In some cases, the statute of limitations may be shortened. Working with a wrongful death attorney from The Green Law Firm will ensure those harmed are able to protect their legal rights after the wrongful death of a loved one.
There are two basic types of wrongful death recoveries available for families in Ohio. Working with an attorney will help you determine the most appropriate option moving forward with your claim. To file a wrongful death case in Ohio, various conditions must be met. First, families must demonstrate that the death was caused, either entirely or in part, by the conduct of the defendant. However, it is not necessary to prove that the death was intentional. Instead, the defendant must have been deemed either negligent or strictly liable for the victim’s death.
Additionally, the claimant must be a spouse, child, parent, or other party entitled to file a claim surrounding the wrongful death of the victim. Furthermore, the claimant must prove that they suffered compensable damages as a result of the wrongful death. Proving that the defendant breached the duty to provide care and, as a result, a death occurred is a critical part of succeeding with a wrongful death claim in Ohio. Working with a competent and knowledgeable wrongful death attorney from The Green Law Firm in Cincinnati will ensure you are in the best position possible to prevail.
Wrongful Death Cases We Handle at The Green Law Firm
Our team has decades of experience helping surviving relatives get the justice and compensation they deserve after losing loved ones. Our wrongful death attorneys in Cincinnati have helped numerous families prevail with legal claims surrounding:
- Medical Negligence: We strive to hold negligent doctors, nurses, and other hospital staff accountable for the death of patients under their care. Whether victims lose their lives as a result of surgical negligence, failure to diagnose, nursing home abuse, mismanagement of childbirth, or other acts of medical malpractice, we help grieving families get the justice and compensation they need and deserve.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Every day, victims throughout Cincinnati are harmed in collisions caused by reckless and negligent drivers. Our personal injury attorneys fight aggressively to protect the legal rights of surviving relatives whose loved one passed away due to injuries they sustained in auto accidents. Whether a victim died as a result of a truck accident, motorcycle collision, or another type of auto collision, we stop at nothing to ensure wrongdoers are held accountable for their actions.
- Workplace Accidents: Workers head to job sites every day with the expectations of a safe and well-managed work environment. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. Every year, thousands of workers across the United States lose their lives on the job. When victims lose their lives in workplace accidents in Cincinnati, the team at The Green Law Firm helps bereaved families get the justice they deserve.
- Product Liability Accidents: Every year, more than one million Americans sustain injuries in accidents involving faulty or defective products. When products fail to function as intended, fatal accidents can occur. Our team conducts thorough investigations to uncover all liable parties when victims are killed as a result of a defective or malfunctioning product.
- Premises Liability: Thousands of people across Ohio are forced to deal with overwhelming pain and suffering as a result of negligent property owners. When victims pass away due to their injuries, our wrongful death attorneys in Cincinnati fight to protect the legal rights of their families moving forward.
Regardless of the circumstances surrounding the tragic and unexpected death of a loved one, our team will aggressively fight to ensure surviving relatives of the decedent are able to get the justice and compensation they deserve by holding wrongdoers accountable for their actions. When pursuing legal action after the wrongful death of a loved one, it is imperative to work with a team of knowledgeable and experienced attorneys that has your best interest in mind. Contact our law firm at your earliest convenience to see how we can help you.
Damages Available to Families after a Wrongful Death
Although there is no amount of compensation available to take away the pain and suffering surviving relatives are forced to endure after the loss of a loved one, working with a wrongful death attorney from The Green Law Firm can help you secure the compensation you need for medical treatment and other damages in order to move forward. Rather than determining how much a person’s life is worth, our legal team helps victims collect the maximum amount of compensation available to reflect the economic losses and tangible impact their families are forced to endure due to their loss. Our Cincinnati wrongful death attorneys work with families, economists, and other professionals to ensure all factors are taken into consideration when determining the amount of compensation families should obtain. Some of the damages our team helps families collect compensation for after losing loved ones include:
- The loss of projected earnings over the victim’s presumed lifespan
- Loss of benefits and inheritance
- The loss of companionship
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of support
- Replacement of household contributions
- Medical costs
- Funeral expenses
- Burial expenses
- Property damages
Our goal is to help families maximize their recoveries after losing loved ones in accidents caused by negligent and reckless parties. We work to ensure families are able to collect the compensation they need to cover the financial burdens they face moving forward.
How Our Wrongful Death Attorneys in Cincinnati Help Grieving Families
After losing a loved one in an accident, many families are forced to deal with overwhelming mental and emotional issues. Understanding and accepting that a loved one has passed away can be extremely challenging. In some cases, families may want to explore legal options available to them in the aftermath of a wrongful death. Trying to navigate through the complex legal system while dealing with the grief of a loss can make an already complicated situation seem nearly impossible. For this reason, families are encouraged to reach out to our wrongful death attorneys at The Green Law Firm in Cincinnati to ensure their legal rights are protected. Our team provides an array of services to families that make sure their best interests are protected as they move forward. We take the complex legal work out of the hands of families so they can focus on healing and helping each other.
The attorneys at The Green Law Firm begin to investigate the circumstances surrounding the death of our clients loved one immediately after taking their case. We go out to the scene of the accident and take pictures, record videos, and gather evidence that helps build a strong case foundation. Our team gathers documents from medical professionals, medical examiners, police, employers, and various other parties who can provide critical insight as to what happened during the accident.
Whenever necessary, our team works with experts who can recreate the accident to show speeds of vehicles, weather conditions, and various other factors that influenced the accident. In cases involving medical malpractice, our wrongful death attorneys work with medical experts who can provide expert testimony in support of a claim.
After putting together solid claims for our clients, we aggressively negotiate full and fair settlements that ensure families are able to cover the financial burdens they face moving forward. If we are unable to come to a settlement agreement that is in the best interest of our clients, we provide trusted, effective, and competent legal representation for our clients in a trial to ensure they obtain the outcome they deserve.
Contact The Green Law Firm for your Wrongful Death Case
Attorney F. Harrison Green at The Green Law Firm has provided competent and proven legal representation for families who have lost loved ones in accidents caused by the negligence of others. Our firm is based on the philosophy that we are here to educate and guide our clients, not to pressure them into taking definite courses of action. Our strength in negotiating – both inside and outside of the courtroom – allows us to help our clients prevail. If your loved one lost their life in an accident, as a result of another person’s reckless or negligent actions, contact our personal injury attorneys in Cincinnati, Ohio at (513) 769-0840. Schedule a free case evaluation at your earliest convenience to meet with our team to discuss legal options available for you.